Welcome to the St. Canice's GNS Website
Science Week 2020
Science week celebrated it’s 25th year. This year the theme was ‘Choosing our Future’. Now more than ever we turn to science to guide our decisions for the future.
St Canice’s GNS got involved by conducting our own experiments and investigations in the classroom. Check out some of the exciting experiments we had great fun in doing!
Mr Kennedy’s Junior Infants
Ms O’Cuanacháin’s Junior Infants
Room 2 were very creative when they came up with these novel robot inventions.
They included: A clean up robot, a corona virus robot to make people better, a funny robot to make you laugh, a robot to give us our bands, a robot to pick up your clothes and put them away, a robot that can go to school for you when you are sick and a robot to play with you. Excellent ideas!
Ms Quinn's Junior Infants
Ms Mulvey/Ms O'Callaghan's 1st Class
Ms O'Sullivan's 1st Class
Mr Hughes's 3rd Class
Making Lava Lamps
Tornado in a Bottle
Ms Meehan's 5th Class
October is an important month...
October is an important month if you have a daughter who will be 4 on or before 1st May 2021. If you do and you would like to apply to enrol your daughter into our school to start with us in September 2021 please read below very carefully and note the following dates:
1st October 2020 – St. Canice’s GNS commence accepting applications for admission.
23rd October 2020 – St. Canice’s GNS cease accepting applications for admission.
If you would like to apply for a place for your daughter to start in Junior Infants in our school in September 2021 please follow the steps outlined below. If you experience any difficulties or have any questions please contact the school on 01 8342072 or email us on email@example.com
- Click on our policies and documents section. There you will find our Application for Admission Section.
- Please read each section very carefully
- The St Canice’s GNS Admissions Policy, and
- The Annual Admissions Notice.
- Once you have read both of these please download and complete our Application Form for Junior Infants.
- Once you have completed this please return it to the school with a copy of your daughter’s birth cert. They can be returned in person or emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The fully completed application form with a copy of your daughter’s birth cert or passport must be returned to the school on or before 2.40pm, 23rd October 2020.